According to a study conducted by Cisco, the love of video watching will continue to increase for the foreseeable future.
Humans are visual creatures, which is why quality photos and videos have become a vital part of social media and website development.
“Every second, 1 million minutes of video content will cross the network by 2021.” (source)
We process visual data better than any other kind – 90% of data transmitted to the brain is visual – and images are processed 60,000 times faster than text! (source) I think most of us can attest to learning a job or task better after seeing it. These simple observations illustrate why, not only photos, but videos have become so popular, and increasingly so.
“It would take someone 5 million years to watch every video added to the internet every single month in 2021.” (source)
Live Internet Video
Live video streaming on various social media and other websites has started to gain popularity as well (13%), especially for major events that have lost their audiences on traditional television. Younger generations almost expect these events to be available live on YouTube and Facebook (eg. New York’s New Year’s party).
Not Using Video Yet?
Because our attention spans on the internet are 8 seconds or less, if you’re not using video, you’re definitely losing new customers and sales.
- Webpages with videos get 800% HIGHER sales rates than pages without video
- Video DOUBLES the time people spend on your site
- Video produces 157% INCREASE in organic traffic (traffic from Google)
What This Means for Your Business
Any business not incorporating video into their content strategy by this year will likely be left in their competitor’s dust. People are visual. The preference to watch a video over reading 10 pages of text will continue to increase over the coming years. Consider your customers and find out what they would prefer to see in a visual manner.
- No matter what your industry, there is a place for video.
- Interviewing the company owner and employees gives the business a personal feel.
- Video testimonials build a high level of trust, as well as an emotional element for new customers, that text will never compare to.
- Stream a trade show live (especially when revealing something new).
- Offer a facility tour or a look behind-the-scenes.
- Give a sneak peak at new products or services.
- Flash sales.
- How-to or explainer videos.
- Answers to FAQs.
- and more…
IMPROVE YOUR VIDEO CONTENT STRATEGY
Contact K-Kom to see how you can use video to increase your sales and customer loyalty.